Monday, January 24, 2011

Salsa and Hiking

Last Saturday was a fun salsa and cumbia dancing night with the group from my old salsa class. I haven't continued with the classes, but I have gotten more practice in just regular social situations. It was fun to see my friends again, and hopefully now that the holiday seasons are over, we will have more get-togethers.



On Sunday, some friends and I went hiking up a local hill. Apparently, just two years ago it was pretty undeveloped and much better forested. Now, however, there are fields all the way up, random burning (preparation for more fields, I assume), and expensive housing developments right at the base. Here is the view of Popo, from the top of the hill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ola Cole, I am enjoying your postings even though I don't get to them often. Keep blogging and we'll keep reading!
R & A

Time in México City, México: