Sunday, January 16, 2011

Double Birthday Party and Circus

One of the researchers I work with had his birthday last Tuesday, and another guy in my office has his this Tuesday, so we threw a double birthday party on Saturday--bowling first followed by dinner. It was a cheese / cold-cut / wine thing, which was pretty good.



For the cake last Tuesday, we used one candle for every year...so we basically had a bonfire going!


*Original picture courtesy of my counterpart

Sunday I went with a friend to a traveling circus, put up in front of one of the many local malls. This one, though, has a lot of history--it was the Circo Atayde Hermanos, founded in Mexico in 1888! It was pretty cool, in the style of Cirque de Soleil (clowns, acrobatics, etc.), though I don't think it was as technical or complicated. One of my favorite acts:

No comments:

Time in México City, México: