Sunday, August 23, 2009

5th International Film Festival

My triumph of the week actually happened early in the week, when I finally got Internet at home. This adventure (which deserves its own rant) took a little over 3 weeks to accomplish, but I won't get into the gory details. Suffice it to say that I am now locked into a contract for Internet until I leave México...

Friday started the 5th International Film Festival in Monterrey, so I decided to volunteer to check it out. I was assigned to the press area. I had the chance to watch a documentary called Big River Man about the Slovakian swimming, Martin Strel, who has swum the entire lengths of the Danube, Mississippi, Yangtze, and most recently, the Amazon. I also sat in on a panel discussion with Bruce Beresford, the director of Driving Miss Daisy. His next movie is a story about a Chinese ballet dancer, Mao´s Last Dancer, and comes out next year. It sounded interesting, so I hope I can watch it. Here is a picture of Bruce at the panel (guy in the white t-shirt).

No comments:

Time in México City, México: