Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pandas and English

Sunday I met up with a fellow volunteer and his counterpart in downtown Monterrey so that we could go to the Planetario Alfa, a science museum for kids. The real reason we went was that they were showing a short, IMAX panda movie! We all thought it was a documentary, but it turned out to be an actual movie. I didn't realize it at the time, but my mom was telling me that we actually watched the non-IMAX version many years ago. The museum had a lot of hands-on exhibits which were interesting, but the best part had to be the people in costumes walking around. One guy was dressed up as an astronaut, and I kid you not, part of his job was to hang from the ceiling. Yes, there is a real person in that spacesuit! Proof that labor here is cheaper than "stuff".



Since I have not found a place to live yet, I commuted to my new English club after work on Tuesday. For the first class it was just the owner of the local cafe, but she said that she could get a group of people interested. Hopefully there will be more when we show up next Tuesday.

2 comments:

Roger and Anne said...

I understand you are now the proud "parent" of some baby birds.

Joe Plumber said...

Haha, yes, I will be a papa after I sign the lease tonight! I don't have any good pictures yet (like some other people have!), but one of the baby chicks was learning to fly on Sunday when I stopped by. It was pretty cute, it could make it about 5-10 feet before pooping out!

Time in México City, México: