Sunday, June 14, 2009

MARCO and Pixar

Downtown Monterrey has a lot of interesting activities, and last Sunday my host and I headed to MARCO, the Museum of Contemporary Art. They have an exhibit from now til June 28th about Pixar and their animation process. It was a great exhibit! They had some animations from the original Pixar shorts (mid-1980's), which I had never seen before. Also on display were hand sketches, pastel and oil artwork, storyboards, and digital prints from all of their movies. They even had a couple of panels from their new movie, Up! No pictures were allowed inside the exhibit hall, so I could only get limited photos.



Also this week, one of my very nice coworkers took me and another friend guitar shopping! I wanted to learn something artistic while in México, and my top choices were singing and guitar. Luckily, my coworker teaches at a music school, and she is willing to trade guitar lessons for English lessons. I hope to find a singing class soon, so that I can do both. She actually showed me some piano songs last week, and it started bringing back memories. From almost 20 years ago! Some things you just never forget...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cannot wait to see you playing guitar and singing songs - old songs :)

Time in México City, México: