Friday, December 17, 2010

Random week

Last Sunday (the 12th) was the day of the Virgen of Guadalupe...basically the most celebrated religious figure in Mexico. Last year I was in a not-very religious part of the country, so I had no idea how big this day was. But people from all over make a pilgramage on this day to the Bascilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City. Some walk, some ride bikes, and these pilgramages can last two to three days (one-way; most people who walk get rides back). On Sunday some fellow vols and I headed to a local park for a hike, and we saw people returning from their pilgramages--both biking and walking!



Today we have a Christmas posada, or party, at a coworker's house. Along with another colleague, I am responsible for the piñata! So here is my contribution...soon to be broken with the candy all over the place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The piñata looked very professional!

Time in México City, México: