Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas season and mountain biking

Saturday I headed to the nearby Zocalo and saw the city putting up its Christmas decorations! Not sure if this is only for this week (there were some youth choirs / orchestras on Sunday playing in front of this tree), but I'm pretty sure it will stay all month.



Also, I was invited by a Mexican friend to go on a bike ride (not a race) with him on Saturday night. I've never done anything like it, so I of course agreed. It wound up being a tough (for me) 21 km ride at night, up and down some small hills. I started out okay, but I ran out of gas on the return trip and wound up lagging behind the rest of the group...luckily the pro's and guides were pretty nice about helping me along and making sure I didn't get lost in the dark! I am a bit sore, but not as bad as I thought I would be--and of course I wore my helmet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you on the photo, in addition to the unique Christmas Tree. Please keep reporting events for this month - Mexico so close but so different. Gracias!

Time in México City, México: