Sunday, October 10, 2010

Future volunteers

I haven't done much of note this week...yesterday a couple that will be moving here after training came on their site visit. I met up with them downtown, and we walked around a bit and ate. They seem like a really nice couple, very outdoorsy and laid back.

On my way back, I heard a very random thing on the bus...an older woman actually yelled at the driver to drive more carefully!! Bus and car drivers are all pretty reckless by American standards, and I'm glad that Peace Corps does not let us drive. Rules of the road are not followed--a one lane road can easily turn into a two lane road with passing on the left-hand side. Turn signals are rarely used. Pedestrians do NOT have the right of way. So it was kind of funny to actually hear a Mexican complain about the style of driving...

No comments:

Time in México City, México: