Saturday, July 3, 2010

Local parties and Jaripeo´s

This week there have been a couple of local festivals. Tuesday was the day of the saint in a neighboring church, so they were going to throw a fair. I showed up around 6 PM, thinking that it was an all-day event, but it turned out to only be an evening thing...and 6 PM is too early to be called evening in México. With the looming rain, I sadly left and missed out on the festivities. Here is a picture of me watching a local watch some workers watch other workers unloading the truck.



However, on Wednesday, in the exact same spot, they had a jaripeo, or a rodeo! I haven´t been to one in México, so I went to watch. They had some loud music (a staple in all local festivals) and bull-riders. Some of the bulls weren´t too energetic, but some really made the riders work. Sorry, the action doesn´t start until 1:30 into the video.



Later that evening, I headed over with some friends to another church, where there were bands playing cumbia andina, a type of cumbia from South America. Apparently it kept going until well past 1:30 AM, but I had already hit the sack by that time.

No comments:

Time in México City, México: