Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy two weeks

I had planned on coming back home last weekend between trips, but I had an unexpected opportunity to attend a course, so I jumped on it. So my last two weeks have been fairly busy:

I first went to a small community where a fellow volunteer had organized a two-day leadership conference. Both days about 30-40 people showed up, which was a great turn-out! There were probably less than 300 people living in the community, and it was great seeing how the "other half" of Peace Corps volunteers lives.



I then went down to Puebla, where a CONACYT center was hosting a four-day course called "Fundamentals of Business for Scientists". It was very interesting meeting the mix of people at the course and seeing a different center. I also had the chance to hang out with a volunteer stationed in Puebla. The big attraction there is a pyramid in the suburb of Cholula, where you used to be able to go into the tunnels under the pyramid. BUT, they had water damage in November, so they tunnels have been closed down...bummer!



Our group then had our mid-service training in Queretaro. One full year of service--done! One more year left! The time has flown by, and it was great seeing all the other volunteers and talking about our experiences.

No comments:

Time in México City, México: