Sunday, April 11, 2010

More fútbol!

Last Wednesday I went with some friends to watch the movie, El Juego Perfecto (The Perfect Game), about the little league baseball team from Monterrey. It was dubbed all in Spanish!!! So I got to practice. I actually understood about 95%, so I think that's a good sign. Although it wasn't complicated Spanish since it was geared towards family audiences, but still...

Saturday afternoon I also had the chance to go to a Rayados fútbol game! They are one of the two teams in the city and actually won the league championship last fall. The stadium was packed with about 70-80,000 fans and a couple hundred police in full riot gear. We were frisked going in, and the security guard wouldn't let me take my camera into the stadium (pretty lame, as there were plenty of people with cameras on the inside). Unfortunately the game ended in a tie, but it was cool watching the hardcore cheering sections get really into the game.

No comments:

Time in México City, México: