Sunday, January 24, 2010

The little differences

I had my first two "Spanish for Foreigners" classes this past week. I'm not sure if it will help or hurt my Spanish. First, I have to spend 3 hrs a week listening to other Americans struggle with the language, which just reinforces my own bad habits and pronunciation. But, the teacher has done a good job so far of pointing out common mistakes that foreigners make (wrong verb use, etc.). So now I just need to put these into practice and try to shut my ears during class.

I also bought a bag of apples yesterday at the supermarket. It included a bag of chili powder! There are certain condiments that go on everything here, and the list includes, chili, salsa, lime, salt. Just a bit of cultural difference in something that is also very similar.

No comments:

Time in México City, México: