Friday, April 17, 2009

Music and art

This week continues the celebrations in Querétaro. It is actually the Festival Santiago de Querétaro. Santiago is one of the saints of the city, and so the entire week has been filled with free events around town--think bands, theater, book fairs, etc. The entire schedule is here, just to give you an idea of what has been going on in town.



On Sunday I stopped by the Museo de Arte, which was highly recommended by my host mother. They had a lot of religious paintings and some more modern stuff, but no photo's allowed inside. The architecture was amazing, though, like many of the older buildings in town.



Every night during the week I have also been making an effort to catch some live bands in the plazas. Some of the music is pretty good, and I am amazed that I can understand some of the Spanish lyrics.



Mañana I get on an autobús with a couple of other volunteers for a long, long 10 hour ride up to Nuevo Leon. I get to meet people in the office where I will be working and tour around the city. I am pretty excited, as this is where I will be living and working for the next two years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is one of the most attractive schedules I have ever seen. I would have tried to attend each single one of the programs!

Looking at the plazas bands picture reminds me of July Festival at Quebec. Was the crowd packed and lots of beer jars/pitches flying? That was too much of fun …..

We are awaiting your blogs. Keep updating! 

Time in México City, México: